New Patient Registration
If you are new to the area and wish to register with Manor Medical Practice, you will need to do the following:
- Check that you live within the practice boundary area - see map below
- That you are able and willing to attend appointments at both sites
- Have your NHS number (this can be obtained from your previous GP) and proof of address
- Next of kin details
- Have a list of current medication (left side of a current prescription)
- Attend a New Patient Check for continuity of care
- If you are related to or living with an existing patient of the practice, please mention this
In order to register, we will require the following:
- NHS Number
- Identification (proof of legal calling name e.g. passport/birth certificate)
- Proof of Residency (e.g. utility bill/bank statement/benefit letter)
Please ask at reception for the relevant forms or download them below, complete and hand in at the surgery. It is important that all of these forms are filled in and given to reception otherwise your registration cannot be completed.
Family Doctor Services Registration GMS1 Form
Manor Medical Practice New Patient Notice
New Patient Questionnaire
Consent to Receive Communication via Email/Text - GDPR
Patient Non-Attendance Policy
Occasionally, the doctor may not accept you onto the practice list. If this happens, we will inform you of the reason. If you have difficulty registering with a doctor in your area, then contact Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group on: 0161 983 9900.
If you need to know of Local GP Practices or haven't got your NHS Number please phone patient services on
The map above shows the area which is covered by the Practice. Patients who move outside the boundary may be asked to register at another Practice.
More detailed versions of this map and boundary area are displayed at both surgery sites.
Offerton Health Centre - Bus Route 314
Hillgate Surgery - Bus Route 173 or alternatively, this site can be reached via the Stockport Town Centre Metro Shuttle free bus service (6 min. walk) as follows:
Get off the bus on Edward Street and head northeast towards Middle Hillgate > turn right onto Middle Hillgate continuing to Higher Hillgate > Hillgate Surgery is just past HSS Hire/Hillgate Pharmacy/Co-op Pharmacy on the right.
Please click here for Greater Manchester Transport site and timetables.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services